International Montessori School of Hong Kong
International Montessori School-Hong Kong
Effective July 1, 2014
International Montessori School of Hong Kong seeks a Primary School (ages 2-12) Principal for its new purpose-built campus in Stanley. The successful candidate will be a proven instructional leader with the ability to inspire and motivate students and faculty; who appreciates the School’s Montessori mission and vision; has a passion for and understanding of an international and bi-lingual education; and who will partner with parents in preparing students for continued success in school and in life. The successful candidate will have earned an advanced degree; held one or more senior management positions for three or more years; and have deep Primary School experience. Candidates who have a working knowledge of the IB will have an advantage. The ability to speak Chinese would be a plus but is not a requirement of the position.
Reporting to the two School Founders, the Principal will be expected to:
- Celebrate, advance and be loyal to the mission and vision of IMS and ensure that the overall operation of the Stanley Campus reflects that mission and vision.
- Be responsible for the efficient operation of all aspects of the day to day management of the Stanley Campus.
- Oversee overall program development to maintain high standards of excellence and an environment of intellectual curiosity and excitement for students with a range of backgrounds and abilities.
- Maintain communications and excellent relations with the best secondary schools in Hong Kong and advocate for students who will transfer to overseas schools.
- Delegate appropriately to faculty and staff while setting an example of continuous improvement and teamwork.Develop, inspire, mentor, supervise and evaluate a diverse and talented faculty and staff to preserve high quality and consistency in the delivery of the academic program.
- Cultivate a positive relationship with students and be accessible to them.
- Keep channels of communication open with parents about student progress and integrate parents into all aspects of school life in accordance with the Montessori philosophy.
- Serve as an integral and productive member of the School Management Committee (SMC) which is responsible for setting policy and strategic direction, approving the operating budget and overseeing the operations of the School.
- Engage in a regular, open dialogue with the Founders including progress on initiatives as established by the Founders and the SMC.
IMS remains the only Montessori Kindergarten cum Primary School in Hong Kong, and currently operates 3 campuses on Hong Kong Island, serving an international community of over 600 children aged 2 to 12 years old. IMS aims to expand upon its position as the leading English/Chinese dual-language Montessori school in the world, and to make this Primary curriculum available to all international families in Hong Kong who seek it for their children.
With a capacity of 700 students, the Stanley campus is poised to double IMS’ enrollment to 1,300 students of kindergarten and primary age by 2019.
To learn more about IMS Hong Kong please visit our website: http://www.montessori.edu.hk/IMS
An Invitation to Apply
IMS invites applications from qualified candidates excited by its mission, vision and unique opportunities. Compensation will be competitive, appropriate for the candidate’s experience and credentials and commensurate with that offered by similar international schools regionally and worldwide.
The new Principal of the Primary School at Stanley will assume responsibility on July 1, 2014. Inquiries and questions regarding this position are strictly confidential and should be directed to:
John C. Littleford
Littleford & Associates
PO Box 14806
Baton Rouge, LA 70898
Fax: (225) 291-2806
Please provide the following: CV, Statement of Educational Philosophy and three references. Electronic submission is preferred.