Teaching Positions Available
School Leadership Positions Available
Immediate opening for experienced Montessori administrator in an established Montessori and charter pre-K-8 school in Morrisville, NC. The successful applicant will possess initiative, leadership, management, and organizational skills. In addition, the ability to problem solve and communicate effectively with staff, parents, children, and board of directors is imperative. Position requires at least 5 years as a lead teacher and 3 years as an administrator and is designed to lead to Executive Director position on the retirement of the current ED. Salary commensurate with experience. Please visit our website at
for more information.
Campus Director/Associate Head of School beginning July 1, 2014.
The Montessori School of Northern Virginia is seeking a Montessori certified Early Childhood leader with significant teaching and administrative experience. We are a non-profit, dual campus school located outside Washington, D. C. The Campus Director oversees all operations at our Valleybrook Campus and works closely with the Head on whole-school planning, decisions, and implementation. For details see http://www.msnv.org/about_jobs.html.
HEAD OF SCHOOL POSITION
Children’s Garden Montessori School, Denver, CO
Contact: Jayne Palu, Search Committee Chair
Start Date: June, 2014
Children's Garden Montessori School (CGMS) is seeking a talented leader and educator as its Head of School (HOS) commencing with the 2014/15 school year when our current Head of School retires. We are in our 40th year providing nurturing and child-centered Montessori education to students aged 18 months to 6 years. The HOS serves as the school’s chief executive, responsible for overseeing all aspects of the school’s operation and implementing its educational mandate and strategic priorities. The new HOS will join a successful, vibrant preschool and work with dedicated teachers, experienced administrative and admissions personnel, and committed board members in guiding CGMS into its next chapter.
To learn more about this opportunity, interested candidates should visit the school’s website at http://cgmontessori.com/our-school/head-school-search/.
Fairfield County, CT
The Montessori School, located in Fairfield County, CT, seeks a committed Director to lead a community of children, ages of fourteen months through eighth grade, 39 faculty, and 12 staff. The position description may be accessed at http://www.carneysandoe.com/web/positions/Montessori.pdf
Head of School
Southern California & San Francisco, CA
International Montessori School-Hong Kong
Effective July 1, 2014
International Montessori School of Hong Kong seeks a Primary School (ages 2-12) Principal for its new purpose-built campus in Stanley. The successful candidate will be a proven instructional leader with the ability to inspire and motivate students and faculty; who appreciates the School’s Montessori mission and vision; has a passion for and understanding of an international and bi-lingual education; and who will partner with parents in preparing students for continued success in school and in life. The successful candidate will have earned an advanced degree; held one or more senior management positions for three or more years; and have deep Primary School experience. Candidates who have a working knowledge of the IB will have an advantage. The ability to speak Chinese would be a plus but is not a requirement of the position.
Reporting to the two School Founders, the Principal will be expected to:
- Celebrate, advance and be loyal to the mission and vision of IMS and ensure that the overall operation of the Stanley Campus reflects that mission and vision.
- Be responsible for the efficient operation of all aspects of the day to day management of the Stanley Campus.
- Oversee overall program development to maintain high standards of excellence and an environment of intellectual curiosity and excitement for students with a range of backgrounds and abilities.
- Maintain communications and excellent relations with the best secondary schools in Hong Kong and advocate for students who will transfer to overseas schools.
- Delegate appropriately to faculty and staff while setting an example of continuous improvement and teamwork.
- Develop, inspire, mentor, supervise and evaluate a diverse and talented faculty and staff to preserve high quality and consistency in the delivery of the academic program.
- Cultivate a positive relationship with students and be accessible to them.
- Keep channels of communication open with parents about student progress and integrate parents into all aspects of school life in accordance with the Montessori philosophy.
- Serve as an integral and productive member of the School Management Committee (SMC) which is responsible for setting policy and strategic direction, approving the operating budget and overseeing the operations of the School.
- Engage in a regular, open dialogue with the Founders including progress on initiatives as established by the Founders and the SMC.
IMS remains the only Montessori Kindergarten cum Primary School in Hong Kong, and currently operates 3 campuses on Hong Kong Island, serving an international community of over 600 children aged 2 to 12 years old. IMS aims to expand upon its position as the leading English/Chinese dual-language Montessori school in the world, and to make this Primary curriculum available to all international families in Hong Kong who seek it for their children.
With a capacity of 700 students, the Stanley campus is poised to double IMS’ enrollment to 1,300 students of kindergarten and primary age by 2019.
To learn more about IMS Hong Kong please visit our website: http://www.montessori.edu.hk/IMS
An Invitation to Apply
IMS invites applications from qualified candidates excited by its mission, vision and unique opportunities. Compensation will be competitive, appropriate for the candidate’s experience and credentials and commensurate with that offered by similar international schools regionally and worldwide.
The new Principal of the Primary School at Stanley will assume responsibility on July 1, 2014. Inquiries and questions regarding this position are strictly confidential and should be directed to:
John C. Littleford
Littleford & Associates
PO Box 14806
Baton Rouge, LA 70898
Fax: (225) 291-2806
Please provide the following: CV, Statement of Educational Philosophy and three references. Electronic submission is preferred.
Head of School (MA)
Harborlight-Stoneridge Montessori School in Beverly MA (www.h-sms.org), serving 300 students from age 6 months through 8th grade seeks a head of school beginning July 2014. H-SMS seeks an experienced independent school leader who will enthusiastically embrace the school’s mission. Prior experience in a Montessori educational environment is certainly welcome but not a pre-requisite. The new head will be a leader who:
- Has a track record as a successful classroom teacher and as an experienced educational leader
- Has a management style that inspires and instills confidence, balancing decisiveness with collaboration and process
- Has track records of successful relationship building, fund raising, admissions and marketing
- Is visionary and has the communication and personal skills to build community and support
- Is an articulate communicator who listens well and is an effective team builder
Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
St. Christopher's Montessori School
St. Christopher’s is one of Victoria’s oldest and most established Montessori schools. Our quaint two-classroom school house caters to 80 preschool and kindergarten-aged children in spacious and attractive classrooms and child-centered landscaped grounds. Steps from the beach, and a stone’s throw away from Windsor Park, our school offers a respected and enriched program that embraces life and learning for all involved.
St. Christopher’s Montessori school is a non-profit society, with an elected Board of Directors, a full-time Head of School, a dedicated faculty and an engaged and supportive parent community.
St. Christopher’s Montessori School creates a warm and secure learning environment; our school is solely designed for the needs of the young child. We foster independence, love of learning and respect for self, others and the environment. Throughout our school’s 3-year Montessori Program, our children develop the social and cognitive skills that give them the foundation to develop their individuality and fully engage in all of their learning environments. Our children learn that school is the place where they succeed and have fun!
Head of School Position – To begin August 2013
St. Christopher’s Montessori school seeks a passionate leader for the role of Head of School. The successful candidate will be an ambassador with the right balance of charisma, vision, and collaborative relationship skills that will sustain the academic integrity and warmth for which St. Christopher’s is known.
- A current BC teaching certificate; or equivalent that meets the BC Ministry of Education eligibility requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of exemplary teaching experience
- Instructional administrative leadership
- Abilities to engage and facilitate strong relationships with the children, parents, teachers and Board of Directors
- Competent PC skills (word, excel, email)
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Credentials and certification in Montessori education; or, a deep understanding of Montessori methods, with a willingness to learn more
- Effective in community outreach
Interested candidates should submit applications and a statement of their educational and administrative philosophies no later than noon Pacific Time, Thursday, February 28, 2013 to:
Part Time Middle School Math Teacher
Casa di Mir Montessori School is seeking a credentialed Montessori teacher. The ideal candidate will possess a current California teaching credential in math or related subject and have at least two years’ experience teaching adolescents. We are seeking a mature and enthusiastic individual with excellent English language communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Montessori Teacher for Private Tutor/Nanny
in United Arab Emirates (TAX FREE)
A private family in Abu Dhabi (UAE) requires a qualified Montessori Teacher as a full time Tutor for their 4 year old son. The candidate must have experience in Montessori methods/equipment and early-childhood care, be fluent in English with excellent communication skills, a positive demeanour, be trustworthy and reliable.
This is an amazing lifestyle opportunity to experience a culturally rich and diverse part of the world for a 1 or 2 year contract.
To be considered you must have:
• Montessori Teaching Qualification
• Early Childhood teaching experience
• Salary USD $40,000 (paid Tax Free) negotiable on experience
• Accommodation Provided
• Annual Air Ticket
• Medical Insurance
Start Date: Immediate / ASAP
Palm Harbor, FL
English Montessori Director/Directress
We are looking for English Montessori Director/Directress: age 3 years-6 years to join us in January 2014.
- Hold a recognized Montessori certificate
- Hold a bachelor's degree (degree in teaching preferred)
- Be a fluent English speaker
- 2 years work experience is preferred
We provide competitive conditions.
Director of Early Childhood
Lower Elementary Lead Guide
Greenspring Montessori School in Lutherville, Maryland is seeking a kind, loving, experienced and mature Lead Guide, supporting a new Montessori guide in the Lower Elementary Classroom. Must be well versed in and committed to Cosmic Education! Must have Montessori credential and two years teaching experience. Position starts ASAP. To read full job description, please visit our website: http://www.greenspringmontessori.org/about-us/employment
Certified Montessori Toddler/Pre-Primary Teacher
Ages 2-3 years, must have experience in the field of Montessori Education and hold a Montessori certificate in ages required. Florida childcare training classes & Background Screening also required. 30 - 35+ hours per week. Please contact the school for more information.
AMI Trained Elementary Guide
San Diego, CA
Mandarin & Spanish Language Immersion Montessori Guides
Toddler & Primary Guides
Southern California & San Francisco, CA
Put your Montessori connections to use!
Join our team, work from anywhere in the US, work at your own pace.
Our sign in/sign out software is doing great in Seattle. Help us expand Nationally. If you can present to Montessori officials, you will excel at this.
New technology to manage chaos and security during dismissal time -
Dismissal time at schools is known to be one of the most chaotic and frustrating event for parents and school staff daily.
Let QManager help you or your child's school reduce this chaos and increase security. Visit www.QuickQueues.com or
call 206-422-9957 now.
Last Updated (Tuesday, 10 December 2013 22:31)