Montessori Family Alliance Course: The Parenting Puzzle
Instructor: Lorna McGrath
Audience: Non-Montessori trained staff of Montessori schools / Montessori teachers wishing to refresh their understanding of the scope of Montessori philosophy and curriculum / Parents of children in Montessori schools / Teachers in non-Montessori schools / Faculty members of university Schools of Education who want a deeper understanding of Montessori / Staff of alternative schools interested in exploring Montessori / Homeschoolers
Non-IMC Members: $150 / Per Parenting Couple
MFA Members: $100 / Per Parenting Couple
This course is designed to help parents turn their homes into peaceful havens rather than battlefields. Based on years of working with children of all ages, Lorna provides by cultivating closeness, cooperation, and communication.
Learn how to stop squabbles, resolve conflicts peacefully, encourage each person to do their personal best, reduce power struggles, meet children’s emotional needs, and create strong parenting partnerships.
Along with issues raised by parents participating in this course, we will address the following issues:
- having time to breathe
- raising confident children
- feeling part of a family community
- communicating with honesty and respect
- enjoying your time together as a family
- learning how to work out solutions without creating excessive family drama
- creating a home environment that is is filled with peace, understanding, and harmony
- Downloadable resources (checklists, worksheets, PDF guides, etc.)
- Access to a private group with other students
- 1-on-1 or group coaching calls
- Direct email access
- Monthly live calls or webinars with you
- Discounts on other products or services
- Course completion certification
To help get you started, here are a few of our community’s favorite resources. How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way is required reading. All three of the publications shown below are available through the Montessori Foundation’s Bookstore. Click on the link in the graphic and you can order online. If you want all three, we can provide you with a great bundle discount.
Two additional books you may wish to look into are Montessori Today by Paula P. Lillard and Respectful Parents, Respectful Kids by Sura Hart and Victoria Kindle Hodson. Both titles are available through Amazon.