This is annual membership for a Satellite (second, third, or fourth) location of an IMC School Full Member. Satellite schools must be under the direct day-to-day supervision of a single Head of School, typically under the full-time administration of a Campus Coordinator/Associate Head of School. The main campus must have the Full School membership before adding on any Satellite locations.
Full Membership Is for Montessori schools that wish to belong to the IMC and meet the requirements for Full IMC School Membership, but have not yet applied for IMC School Accreditation.
Here is how you determine if your school is eligible for Full Membership:
IMC Full School Membership: CLICK HERE FOR EASY TO READ CHART OF REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for schools at this level
● Must complete the IMC school membership profile.
● Must agree in writing to follow the IMC Code of Ethics
● Must pay annual membership fees when due and be a school member in good standing
● All school classrooms are guided by Montessori teachers who have training for the age level they are serving. The school has a plan to insure that each classroom will be lead by teachers who have Montessori certification from an accredited teacher education institution.
● The school must have a plan in place for continuing professional development.
● The school must be compliant with all appropriate state and local level regulations. Where appropriate, the school must have necessary licenses.
● Assessment and development for each stakeholder group is ongoing and an integral part of the school community.
● All classrooms must strive to follow these essential characteristics of Montessori educational programs:
• Classrooms are well prepared Montessori environments with appropriate materials for the ages they serve.
• The program follows the standard Montessori curriculum.
• Classes represent multi-age groups based on Montessori’s planes of development
• There is a prolonged and uninterrupted work cycle.
• Children have freedom of movement within the classroom.
• Children work independently or in small groups at their own pace.
• Teachers observe and guide children in order to best meet their needs and interests.
● This level is most suitable for schools with well developed Montessori program that are not yet ready to apply for IMC Accreditaion
● IMC Full Member Schools are eligible to appy for IMC School accreditation
● IMC Full Member Schools may use the IMC logo and advertise they are an IMC Full Member School