Before you purchase this item you need to understand the following details:
- This is the revised Montessori Scope and Sequence for toddlers through age 12, first made available in 1996 by the Montessori Foundation, and updated in 2012.
- The files are stored in our Dropbox and when you purchase you will be invited to the box to access the collection of files in the box. PLEASE, if you are not used to using Dropbox you must remember to simply download the files to your hard drive and not drag them out of the box or they are lost to the rest of the folks who have purchased this product.
- The files are totally formatted using a software program called FileMaker Pro. If you do not already have this program on your school’s computer you will need to purchase that besides this product in order to use and view the formatted files we’ve created.
- We have also put the files into Excel, another program many are more familiar with. HOWEVER, these files are not formatted, they are raw files and you may use however you best like.
- We print out and send you a binder with tabs in Black only, a full set of the formatted files. You may choose to print out additional copies because we also provide you with an Ebook version of the entire collection of documents.
- You are purchasing the license as well as the files. We just ask that you don’t share with another school.
- Once you purchase there are no returns or refunds. We do not train you on how to use this product.
It is important to understand that the Montessori Foundation’s Curriculum Scope and Sequence was designed to be used within a student record-keeping and reporting software system. It is only the scope and sequence, a work product that took us many years to develop. It is not in itself a student record-keeping system.
The primary reason why schools continue to license our Scope and Sequence is because it saves from having to start from scratch. Writing something like this can literally take years. A true scope and sequence is essential to curriculum planning, coordination, and implementation. When married to a good student progress reporting system, it becomes an invaluable daily tool.
In today’s world, it is increasingly important to have a formal written guide to serve as a common frame of reference for each classroom, especially from one age level to the next. While our Montessori lesson albums are invaluable tools, they are not what is truly meant by curriculum guides, nor do they provide a coherent scope and sequence that is clearly understood by everyone involved.
The revised version of the Montessori Foundation’s Curriculum Scope and Sequence was the result of many years of painstaking analysis of the Montessori tradition to weigh out the age ranges at which we believe Montessori children should commonly reach major milestones, and develop a language that is performance oriented and understood by traditional educators.
We assume that any school using our Scope and Sequence will modify and add to the original content to make our curriculum better fit your school.
Our expanded and updated Montessori Curriculum Scope and Sequence includes all development levels from birth to age 12 (US grade 6).
The curriculum areas currently included are:
- Practical Life Skills
- Language Arts
- Mathematics and Geometry
- Cosmic Studies
- and Visual Art
Schools who license the revised curriculum will receive files with the Curriculum Scope and Sequence in the additional areas as they become available.