We can help your students become true entreprenurs
The Montessori Foundation is proud to be collaborating with the team at Rising Innovator to develop a range of Montessori-inspired economic and business education programs to mentor, inspire, and support young innovators and entrepreneurs.
As Montessori educators, we all want to help our students develop entrepreneurial skills.
Whether the adolescents you work with want to be athletes, bankers, or computer programmers, learning entrepreneurship will help them to shape their own futures!
We have created a unique curriculum that helps adolescents develop entrepreneurial skills.
We have three options:
- you can download the free basic Business Innovation Journey Lite course
- use the full and more robust Business Innovation Journey Hosted online course learning platform to teach your students yourself
- or arrange for the Business Innovation Journey Course PRO, where one of our guides will teach the course for you live online during the day, after school, or even in the evening.
In our Business Innovation Journey, your students will build actual businesses around their interests. Working in collaboration with other students around their own ages, they will be led through the processes that actual entrepreneurs use to identify opportunities and innovate.
This 15 week course teaches the following key competencies of entrepreneurship:
- Creativity and Problem Solving, the creative skills and impulses to identify opportunities and solve them
- Teamwork, a vital skill for success in any venture
- Entrepreneurial Mindset, such as building character and perseverance
- Leadership, including such skills as planning, organizing, self-analysis, management of self and others
- Empathy and Ethics, including how understanding people can help turn their problems into sales
- Market Analysis, including defining the market for a product or service and potential the competition
- Marketing Strategy, learning how to best reach your customers
- Finances, such as understanding profitability, cost/price, planning and management, and financial reports
- Launching a Startup, we will teach the Lean Startup Method to help the children prototype and test their ideas
- Presentation, success doesn’t just come from having a great idea, but also requires clear and effective communication for your content
Our course was developed by experienced Montessori educators, business educators, and curriculum designers working in partnership with multiple experienced entrepreneurs.
Built atop the Montessori method of education, it is an experiential learning opportunity unlike any other.
The Business Innovation Journey course launched last year with school partnerships all over the US. We received rave reviews for being both fun and effective. Now we’ve expanded our offerings:
Business Innovation Journey Lite
Downloadable materials for the complete 14 session course including power points, instructor notes, and handouts.
$200/student up to a maximum of $1500/classroom
Everything in the Lite course plus:
- Hosted on our online learning management platform
- Additional cases and resources
- Additional class session
- Includes our online accounting tool to help teens track their money
Everything in the Hosted course but led by one of our master/mentor teachers.
“As a Montessori instructor for 7th and 8th grade microeconomics, it made good sense to incorporate a curriculum that taught entrepreneurship. Rising Innovator’s was a natural fit! We are about half-way through the course and thus far the students are engaged with the material. They enjoy reading and discussing the case studies. The idea of being a member of a team in an ultimate pitch competition is especially appealing to them!”
– Gillett Cole,
Quick facts about Business Innovation Journey™
- For students aged 12 to 18
- 15 weeks long (It can be completed in 8 weeks)
- Online course meeting once a week in the evenings for 1 hour each session (Hosted and Pro only)
- Team based, students will create small groups to pursue business ideas
- Free downloadable materials, reasonable prices for hosted or taught options
- Contact us now with further questions or to enroll!
Why did we create the Business Innovation Journey™?
The future belongs to people who can look at the world and figure out how to change it. An entrepreneur sees beyond a problem in the world into the opportunity that lurks beyond it. The skills that allowed Steve Jobs and Henry Ford to revolutionize society are the same that any activist or artist needs to thrive in our information driven age. We know the world belongs to young innovators. Changemakers. Trailblazers. Leaders. Those that come up with ideas that make our lives better, in ways both big and small.
Research has shown that adolescents who learn about entrepreneurship benefit from:
- Developing creativity and collaboration skills.
- Identifying and recognizing problems and thus, adapting to changes.
- Developing resilience and perseverance.
This 15-session course is structured to inspire, educate, mentor, and support young entrepreneurs with the tools and information designed to help them start and run a successful business. Interested in learning more or enrolling? Email us now!